Thursday, April 8, 2010

Curl markup for philosophy: text annotations and translations

Over at aule-browser.blogspot.com I have a post with a link to a philosphy text example.

What I hoped to make clear is that at each of the web page views for which there are links at each page (starting at phil.aule-browser.com/truth.htm) is that it is the identical text artifact that is being loaded into each page - a simple "include" macro is present: {include "truth_text.scurl"} which file is just text with MIT Curl markup such as {mbold some-technical-term} which is my bold variant on the usual Curl {bold some-text} text format.

When I don't want to see my bold emphasis in a text, I load that same file but into a top-level Curl page in which the definition of {mbold } is to just return the bracketed text as-is, i.e., with no emphasis added.

I am preparing another page with variant text from key portions of "Logical Investigations II" with translation comparisons.  I'll add a post when that is available at aule-browser.com

I have two pending notes at philpapers.org on this approach to philosophy eText/eBook as an alternative to HTML and PDF.

No comments: