Saturday, September 8, 2007

Curl and Occasionally Connected Computing

I have added a page on OCC at wikipedia. What is really interesting to me is the use of a custom URI scheme in Curl. Such a scheme might be
curl://occ/this-redirects-as-needed
which could be used to redirect to a resource depending on whether the user is connected.
If you have experience with OCC, please do contribute to the article. When I have some experience with Curl OCC I will add a page at eclectic-pencil with details and caveats.
To complement the article, I also opened one on CSPD. There are trolls at en.wikipedia.org who delight in suggesting page deletions so your contributions to articles to maintain NPOV or to suggest sensible article merging and separation are much appreciated. No edit wars, please. Solid references for articles are usually the key to survival of any given contribution in my experience.

No comments: