Friday, August 24, 2007

Rebol dialects and Groovy builders

I am working on a blog post over at eclectic-pencil on DSL (domain-specific languages) in Rebol and Groovy. It is an area that the folks at PDC Prolog got into a few years back and that I first explored using Java + Amzi! Prolog with DCG's in Eclipse. I hope to get a piece up on Groovy and categories as mix-ins in comparison to exploring categories and protocols in Logtalk. In the meantime there is a great deal of activity on the SWI-Prolog mailing list often relating to their Java programming interface. And Plone has a new release just as I wait for Rebol3. And I have a new version of the Curl 5.0 Web SDK to check out. And the MindTouch Deki-Wiki up on VMWare as I watch for the Gemstone/S + Seaside beta. Too much!
My opinion of the out-of-print 'Official Guide' to Rebol 2.3 keeps improving: I wish I could say the same of Manning's 'Groovy In Action' or the APress 'Grails' book. Neither of my favorite bookstores had 'Programming Groovy' on the shelves, which might have been a better choice than the former. Of course there is no book on Logtalk to recommend ... yet.

No comments: