Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Google Chrome browser and Google's BlogSpot blogger.com

This blogging service keeps reminding me how much better off I would be using Chrome (removed from this PC and no longer permitted to update on my Ubuntu netbook. Ahem.)

I get this little tickle at the back of my neck when I read their suggestion: how long before some essential blogger function here will be an exclusive Chrome feature (HTML 5 being what it is ?)

So why remain with blogger.com instead of uisng WordPress wherever else? Well, I do - some - but I prefer blogger when it comes down to it.  But I could not say why. The templates are annoying. At least one important feature is completely daft.  Write it off as habit and a lean towards the familiar.

But today I may have unwittingly nibbled at the bait - I clicked into the invite to try http://draft.blogger.com/home - but only in my default browser.  A browse of the source code for that page reveals nothing sinister ... the doctype and dtd are HTML4 ...

The Chrome blog itself is here.

No comments: